What is a Guardian Home?
A Guardian Home is a permanent home for one of our breeding males or females. As a Guardian Home you will get to have a German Shepherd pup or dog as your family pet, while the breeding rights are retained by Inland GSD. Once the guardian dog has completed his/her breeding career, he/she will be spayed/neutered, and will remain at forever part of your family.
Benefits to the Guardian Home Family
• Families can have a top quality "imported or "pick of the litter" German Shepherd chosen by the breeder.
• You get $300 for each breeding.
Benefits to the Breeding Dog
The dogs are raised as pets in a caring loving home throughout his breeding career and is not re-homed after his breeding career is over.
Requirements to Becoming a Guardian Home
• Have previous experience with dogs.
• Be willing to teach basic commands such as sit, stay, lay-down, no, leave it....etc.
• Be willing to socialize the dog. This is very important!
• He/she must be an indoor pet and never left unattended outside.
• You must have fencing that will provide a safe and secure environment for the Guardian dog/puppy
• Feed a premium, quality food.
• All other dogs in the home MUST be fixed if they are the opposite sex.
• Provide regular exercise.
• Willing to let us, the breeder, visit your home.
• Live within 1 hour of our facility
• Contact Breeder immediately in the event of a serious illness or accident.
• Send a copy of all vet visits to Breeder.
• Must not allow he/she to mate with any unapproved dogs.
• Provide veterinary care when needed.
• If you are a guardian for a female dog, you must be willing to drop her off for 1-2 weeks while she is bred. Then drop her back off 1 week prior to her whelping date. She will stay with us until the puppies are weaned.
• If you are a guardian for a male dog, you must be willing to drop him off for 3-5 days for breeding unless arrangements are made ahead of time for us to pick him up. Sometimes we are able to come to you for a breeding so you must be able to meet with us.
• Be able to communicate with us, the breeder, about scheduling testing, mating, whelping, and anything else breeding related.
What if I already have another dog?
It is still possible to be a Guardian home for the dog. If your dog is of the opposite gender of the Guardian Dog, they will have to be spayed/neutered.
Do you ever have older dogs rather than puppies that will be placed in Guardian Homes?
Yes there will be times when we may have an adult dog that we would like to place in a Guardian Home.
Is there a cost involved to be a Guardian Home?
Yes, there is an initial cost as we do not give our Guardian dogs or puppies away. The cost of a Guardian Home dog is the standard set puppy or dog price. Any "breeding related" medical costs for the Guardian dog is paid for by Inland GSD. Our Guardian Homes are only responsible for the costs associated with having a pet like: vaccines, grooming, training, feeding a high quality dog food, flea/tick prevention, regular exercise and socialization, and all the love, care, and attention possible.
Guardian Dogs that are available:
Import from Czech $5,000
DoB: April 11, 2022
Sire: Chris z Hane IPO3, ZVV3
Dam: Yziva Mineo ZVV1